Asbestos Health Screening
How do you know if you are eligible for a FREE asbestos health screening? Take a look at the eligibility criteria:
- You are NOT currently diagnosed with an asbestos related disease
- You have documented "proof of presence" that you lived, worked or recreated in Lincoln County for a minimum of 6 months, (does not have to be consecutive), at least 10 years ago
- Complete the one page application and attach your "proof of presence"
What does the local and national screening process consist of and what tests are involved? You will complete the following:
- Extensive health and exposure histories
- Single view chest x-ray
- Spirometry breathing test
- Physical exam by CARD medical provider
- CT Scan if indicated for a diagnosis, if appropriate
- Education about disease process and management
- A first phase colorectal cancer screening is offered for individuals between the ages of 50-75.
If you are diagnosed with an Asbestos Related Disease you will be provided education about asbestos related healthcare benefits. Once an individual is diagnosed, CARD screening does not pay for any further testing or disease management.